Phase 1: Cookie Dough Balls
Serving Size: 1 cup packed cookie dough
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond or oat flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1.5 tbsp natural cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp pure maple syrup (or a bit more if dough is too dry)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, add the cashews and oats and process until it forms a fine crumble.
- Now add in the salt, sugar, and flour and process for a few seconds more.
- Add in the maple syrup and vanilla and process until combined. It will be sticky, but this is normal!
- Add in your chocolate chips and stir by hand or process. Form into balls. Store in freezer.
Phase 2: Ice Cream
Serving Size: 2 servings
- 3 peeled and frozen bananas, cut into 1 inch chunks for easier processing
- Splash of non-dairy milk (if needed)
- 2 tbsp cookie dough (from above)
- In a large food processor, add in your 3 frozen bananas. I like to cut my bananas into 1 inch chunks before freezing.
- Process bananas, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Finally, add in your cookie dough and process until combined. You should have a soft serve type consistency when done.
- To make the blizzard simply stir in your desired amount of mini cookie dough balls, pour into a glass, and serve with a spoon. Boom, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream!