Serving Size: About 8 nutter butter cookies
- 2 cups oats, blended into fine flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, flax egg, coconut oil, vanilla and milk.
- Cook on medium heat until everything is well combined and the peanut butter is soft.
- Set aside to cool down to lukewarm.
- Once the peanut butter mixture is cooled, add it to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Form the dough into thin, long logs and place them onto a lined baking sheet. (see photo above for step by step instructions)
- Use a fork to make the impressions on the cookies.
- Use your fingers to push the sides of each cookie in at the center to shape them like nutter butters.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, add all the filling ingredients to a blender.
- Mix until smooth.
- Frost the cookies and form sandwiches after the cookies have completely cooled.