Serving Size: About 9 burgers
- 3/4 cup uncooked, washed brown lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup very finely chopped kale
- 1 1/2 cups oats (either old-fashioned or quick)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Begin cooking the quinoa, lentils, and sweet potato.
- Sautée onions and garlic with salt/pepper until clear/slightly browned.
- Dump all ingredients into one large bowl. Mix with hands.
- Refrigerate from 1 hour. This step isn’t necessary, but will help with the integrity of the burgers.
- Sauté burgers at high heat in olive oil. They burn quickly, so flip early.
- Serve with avocado, tomato, caramelized onions, and Sriracha Aioli for a mind-blowing combination.