Serving Size: One loaf of delicious pumpkin bread
- 1.5 flax eggs (1.5 tbsp flaxseed meal + 4 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium-sized mashed ripe banana (primarily for binding)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- Prepare flax eggs in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375.
- Prepare loaf pan by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper.
- To flax eggs add pumpkin, mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine.
- Next add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk.
- Add water and whisk again.
- Add oats, almond meal, gluten free flour blend and stir. If it appears too wet, add in another couple Tbsp of oats or GF flour blend. It should be semi-thick and pourable (see photo).
- Scoop into loaf pan and top with raw pepitas (and/or pecans).
- Bake for 40-47 minutes, or until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, preferably several hours, otherwise it can be a bit crumbly.
- Also, slice gently, as it’s rather tender.
- Once cooled, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh. Freeze after that to keep fresh for up to one month.