Serving Size: 3-4 servings
- 2 cups Vital Wheat Gluten
- 3-4 tbsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tbsp onion powder
- 3-4 tbsp seasonings
- 16 oz vegetable broth
- 3-4 cups of water
- 1 cube of Rapunzel’s Vegetable Broth
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Coconut oil
- Teriyaki sauce: Soy Vey is great, but uses GMO soy beans :/…
- Mix all ingredients for the broth and begin heating on stove top.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- With dry ingredients mixed, slowly add liquid vegetable broth. Mix together with dry ingredients as you pour. Combine until the mixture achieves a dough-like consistency. If you overdo the water, add more wheat gluten until the dough becomes more dry.
- Divide your dough into 6-8 chunks.
- Once broth has boiled, place the chunks into the broth and reduce the heat to medium.
- Let the seitan cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the seitan is cooked, remove the chunks and let them cool. They should have doubled in size.
- Once they have cooled, cut them into bite size chunks or shred with your hands.
- Place all chunks into a skillet.
- Douse in coconut oil and the teriyaki sauce of your choice.
- Serve or refrigerate for delayed gratification.